"A story about California waterfowl hunting, conservation, and the unnoticed gem of California's Pacific Flyway"
FILM (4-6 Min)
-A short film focused on the conservation efforts and unique role the California Delta plays in the waterfowl migration through the Pacific Fly Way. We will follow several local hunters through their hunts throughout the 2016/2017 waterfowl season. We would also partner with California Waterfowl Association (CWA) to tell the conversation story and history of the delta.
* BOATING THROUGH DELTA (Arial, 1st person, 3rd person views)
* FOGGY HUNTS ARE COMMON AND ADD FOR A UNIQUE HUNTING ENVIRONMENT
* PRE-SEASON BIRD BANDING WITH CWA (conservation work)
* INTERVIEWS WITH DELTA HISTORIANS AND CWA BIOLOGIST
* BIG WATER FLOATING BLIND HUNTS
* ISLAND MARSH HUNTS
* BOATING HUNTS CHASING THE FLIGHT AS BIRDS MIGRATE THROUGHOUT THE DELTA
* LATE SEASON YOUTH HUNT WITH CWA
* LATE SEASON ISLAND WATERFOWL CAPTURES UP CLOSE ON WILDLIFE
* HELI ARIAL COVERAGE WITH HELICOPTER STARING AT MOUTH OF SF BAY TO THE 60 PLUS ISLANDS
MUSIC by Drew Barefoot
Drew Barefoot has been writing, recording, and producing his own music for the exclusive uses of CANA for several years. His music sets our work apart in this industry and sets a powerful tone for every film we produce.
With this film, Drew would write and produce 1-2 songs (depending on the editors needs) to work to tell this story with very fine attention the emotion and climaxes throughout the footage. A few benefits to this option:
- Tracks are exclusive to the film vs a re-used license of a common track.
- Film flow and style is edited in complementing fashion to work together with the footage.
The music and the film will follow each other with footage and music never experienced by the viewer before.
- 2x Trailers (30, 60 seconds)
- Optional Product Testimonials (1 min ea)
- CWA Mission Shorts or Project Shorts
- Full Film (5-8 min)
- 2x 15 Second Unique Instagram Trailers
- 200 Images unique exclusive photo gallery with full social media rights.
- 25 selects with full commercial rights and distribution (Collateral, Public Display, Social Media)
- 10x Edit Revisions and Touch Ups
Budget will be determined by brands' desired deliverables.
The main reason I am taking this focus on the Delta is due to the fact I grew up hunting it. I am from Brentwood originally and have been heading out into the field with my Dad since I was 3. Now at 32 I have experienced quite a bit of waterfowl hunting throughout the country and have always felt the Delta is one of the most unique parts of CA waterfowling and the pacific flyway. It has an important story to tell for the waterfowl community.
The Grasslands and the Sacramento Valley get most of the attention for CA waterfowl hunting. I want to focus on this middle ground that holds a very comparable amount of waterfowl throughout the season. The story will keep the soul of waterfowling with the help of California Waterfowl Association and their conservation works and history of hunting these wetlands.
End of the day there is personal investment into this project as it would be amazing to tell the story of where I fell in love with chasing ducks and geese.
Thanks for considering!