"44 years of diving. I'm not the best there is, but I'm not sure anyone loves it more than I do"
LaSala (5-8 minute film)
-A short film focused on the story of Al LaSala. A northern California resident with 44 years of free diving history. Al raised his boys diving and raised them living off the ocean. He also play a major roll in the establishment of Neptonics , a renowned gear and information resource for all divers. One of the major accomplishments Al brings to the table is the custom production of his own spear guns. From the ground up he creates his own blue water guns that he hunts with all over the world. The story will take place garage of Al following the production of these guns, Northern California Abalone and free diving trips, and one blue water tuna dive trip in Mexico. The core of the film is rich with diving history and deep love for free diving that has kept Al at this for 44 years at the age of 67.
* CLASSIC DIVE BOARD (57 CHEVY OF DIVE BOARDS) IN SF BAY.
* ABALONE FEED AND DIVE OUTING
* GUN DEVELOPMENT IN AL'S GARAGE AND BRANDING OF FINISHED GUN.
* INTERVIEWS AL, KIRK (HIS SON), DIVE FRIENDS TO SHARE HISTORY OF DIVING IN BAY AREA
* MEXICO 7 DAY DIVE TRIP FOR TUNA, MARLIN, YELLOW TAIL.
* SUPER SLOW-MO UNDERWATER WORK
* COMMUNITY OF DIVERS AND BBQ HANG OUTS
* ARIAL COVERAGE OF DIVE SPOTS IN SF BAY AREA AND MEXICO
* CLASSIC PHOTOS LOOPED INTO FILM TO SHARE DIVING LEGACY
* INTERVIEW TOPIC ON WHAT WILL PRESERVE THE PASSION OF SPEAR FISHING
PRIMARY EQUIPMENT /
RED EPIC DRAGON 6K
RED RAVEN 4.5K
SONY FS700 w 4K ODYSSEY 7q+
SONY A7R2 (photo 42MP / video 4K) UNDER WATER
CANON PRIME L-SERIES GLASS
ZEISS / SONY GLASS
UNDER WATER SUPER 8 FILM CAMERA
SUPPORT EQUIPMENT /
- DJI INSPIRE W/ X5R RAW 4K CAMERA
- UNDERWATER HOUSING FOR A7R2, Sony fs700 and super 8
MUSIC by Drew Barefoot
Drew Barefoot has been writing, recording, and producing his own music for the exclusive uses of CANA for several years. His music sets our work apart in this industry and sets a powerful tone for every film we produce.
With this film, Drew would write and produce 1-2 songs (depending on the editors needs) to work to tell this story with very fine attention the emotion and climaxes throughout the footage. A few benefits to this option:
- Tracks are exclusive to the film vs a re-used license of a common track.
- Film flow and style is edited in complementing fashion to work together with the footage.
The music and the film will follow each other with footage and music never experienced by the viewer before.
- 2x Trailers (30, 60 seconds) TBD 2017
- Optional Product Testimonials (1 min ea)
- Full Film (5-8 min) TBD 2017
- 2x 15 Second Unique Instagram Trailers
- 200 Images unique exclusive photo gallery with full social media rights.
- 25 selects with full commercial rights and distribution (Collateral, Public Display, Social Media)
- 10x Edit Revisions and Touch Ups
Budget will be determined by brands' desired deliverables.
I believe the best stories are found anchored in history, but inspiring the future. Up to this point there has not been a professional grade film on the history of free diving told through the lens of a guy like Al. He is well respected in his circle of divers and brings a wealth of knowledge and character to sport. His do it yourself approach to every part of the dive is inspiring in itself. Now with 44 years under his belt I ca't think of a better guy to follow and capture. With the history as our anchor we will get after diving through out the bay area and Mexico to show you Al passion for the sport and lifestyle. Thanks for considering!